Friday 6 April 2012

You are loved more than you know . . . .

At last I've made it out of the rabbit hole. As predicted March was a 'march' but on reflection was a brilliant month filled with brilliant events and opportunities ;o)

This is how my 366 journal page finished up looking


The month started with the fabulously talented Dina Wakley coming over to Art from the Heart to teach an amazing multimedia class - I loved the process of creating and learnt lots of new skills and techniques including wet rubbing and dry brushing - lol!

March finished with my parents' Golden Wedding Anniversary  - I'd say that's an amazing achievement and we had a fab weekend of celebrations with them.

Here's the card I made them



As for April  - well with all the above frivolity I have had no time to play until today: Good Friday

I wanted to remember what the day was all about (other than a welcome bank holiday)  so this morning watched the Mel Gibson film 'The Passion of the Christ' 
Having sobbed buckets at the horror of the torture and the realisation of God's love for mankind (and lil old me) I set to on April's journal page

I've missed journalling as I've been so busy .... so .... this is a spilling of how I am feeling today, but hey, that's what Art Journalling is all about is it not?


I used my newly learnt techniques of wet rubbing and dry brushing through  the new Crafter's workshop 'Cursive writing' and 'Ledger' stencils and Dylusions 'Chequered dots' stencil to create the background and used Dylusions 'Write between the lines' stamps for the tags.

So remember .....

YOU are loved more than you know !

Have a great Easter weekend

xXx



7 comments:

  1. Wonderful, wonderful pages and wonderful post, too. So good to know I'm not the only one saddened by the fact that Easter has been reduced to fluffy bunnies and chocolate!! Yeah, we are ar more loved than we realise - and I need to know that right now. Good for you and brilliant work. PS my parents celebrated their Golden WA a few years ago, too but not on my birthday, as your parent did x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colourful pages, enough to cheer anybody up. Well done x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say, the title of your blog suits your message! Resistance to God's love is FUTILE! You made me smile and I really like your calendar pages. Have a joyous and blessed Easter. Hugs, Terri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two great calendar pages, especially like the March one. How lovely to put workshop knowledge into practise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen the film, as a Christian it must have been hard to watch? I'm finding it increasingly difficult to talk about my Christianity, feeling judged and condemned by both those who are, and those are not! love seeing your creativity, it's FAB!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks babe - hugs sent your way. Love you for who you are - REAL xxx

      Delete